Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Key to Something Bigger

I am moving out of Baltimore for the summer season, and as a result I have had to handle a few things before my departure. One of the biggest things I had to do thus far is give my copy of the Squidfire store key back to its proper owners. As I was passing it off I felt that I was ripping out a part of me that I felt should never have been removed. It is a triple blow. Leaving Squidfire, Jean and Kevin each has their own corkiness and history about them that I wish I could be around for much longer. I hope giving over the key isn't writing me out of their lives. Like I say I love them boys, but you really don't know how much you love something until you can no longer be apart of it.
Here I am separating myself from the store in hopes to move on, and at the same time in hopes to not be forgotten. It is difficult to let go of something that you are comfortable with and that you love. It takes more then just the act of letting go. It goes deeper, into the soul. The soul must depart along with the act. With that in mind I guess I never did let go. It isn't in me to let go of them, for now.

I guess now my thoughts about art will have to steer from deconstruction to the idea of letting go. Do they go hand n' hand? Or do they have personalities of their own? and how is it that the idea of deconstruction is a more comforting thought then letting go? How does one fight to keep what is desired? I have no answers. The answers lie beneath time, and in time I will know.


2 comments:

  1. some things weren't meant to be kept, love. You'll be fine, and everything will be there when you get back! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would have wise words. Can we talk soon :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete