Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The growth has begun in both mind and art. This was one of the most bipolar weavings to date. One day I would like what I was doing and the next not so much. Finally it was to the point where I could take it off the loom and saw that my weaving had a penis. Not what I wanted at all! In figuring out ways to fix it I flipped the weaving upside down and tucked the little guys behind the dowel rod.
Now I have a geographical piece again, and now I am the most excited parent of a weaving! This piece provided me with a lot of knowledge to how I want to direct my work. Making it as much of a piece of art as is a learning tool.
I am supper excited for my parents to see what I have been working on! My plan is to decorate my dad's tennis shop with some weavings, and maybe one of the club members will see them and then connections will develop from their. I cannot wait to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment