Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Educational Venture

This summer I am going to fill it with research, reading, and networking. Thus far I have done well, and I am only in the first week of summer! It all started on Saturday when I made new connections and saw old faces at the Art Mart . One of which was Cara Obber, who is a very active artist and blogger. Running into her lead me to run straight to my research about finding places to display my work. Finding her blogs were of much help! It reminded me of the Maryland Art Place and the Baker's Art Awards. That I am sure to be doing when the time comes next year!
Which leads me to today, when I went to Barns & Nobles and failed at finding two recommended books, but found a guide on how to write artists grants (ironically something that I have been wondering about). Still in search for the books I went against my beliefs and ordered online.
So I must say that within the first week of the summer I am off to a good start, and I am very excited for my books to be found sitting on my door step.

No comments:

Post a Comment