Thursday, May 13, 2010

Camping on a Beach Results of Finding Dinner

As some may have heard me speak about it before; my brother has spent the last year of his life in Costa Rica. Documenting the life as an artist he takes trips to nearby countries in order to compare life styles and to try out the waves for surfing.
This would have been a sight to see the butchering of the mantarays. Only because it is a skill to get the most amount of meat out of such a thin animal in such a fast amount of time. I am also amazed by the different textures of the mantaray. Don't get me wrong. I think I is a little sad to be seeing them lined up for dinner, but it is also a culture, and that is what they choose to eat.

So in my amazement of my brother's adventures I will sit in the the U.S of A. and wonder of all the stories he will tell me when he returns home. We miss him dearly! But I wouldn't want him back here for my selfish reasons if he is finding things like this because he is a beach bum.

No comments:

Post a Comment