Monday, February 15, 2010

The Epiphany




Why this intrigues me so much, or how it connects to me (beyond the white project), is that its structure is something that is  falling apart (melting), it is becoming (ice), it will no longer be what it used to (snow), yet what lies behind will soon be what it once was (a brick wall), but not for sometime because it is snowing, again. The snow will cover the skeletal structure that is holding it up allowing only a white blanket to be shown. In some cases the growth over an object can be so damaging that the growth consumes it to a degree that the core subject is no longer recognizable. It is only known to be the overgrowth. Which in time can even damage itself. Deteriorating what it is holding onto while it deteriorates itself. 

1 comment:

  1. transformation at it's finest!!! I am so glad I didn't comment on the photo before I read this, because this is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw the photo... aside from the murder weapon thought, which I did write:)

    I'm proud of you and I can't WAIT to see this manifested in a weaving:)
    As you can see I am finally getting to your blog:) xo

    ReplyDelete