Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cheers to Excitement!

This weekend held much joy... mostly my smiles were for teaching peers how to weave. I was put in a one on one situation with two students whom missed the lesson on how to put their skeins on the loom. They were skeptical at first of the medium, but later had fun doing it and were excited about moving forward. Their reactions really mean a lot! The one student, and friend, I thought that she would hate the process, but she proved me wrong and ask that I show her the next steps to weaving. She and I were excited for the next move for the class.

I can't wait till the next student approaches me with a question about material, structure, and or content. On Friday and student and I were talking about the different possibilities in weaving, and she brought up a sample that I had made last semester. She was curious about how it was made and the possibilities that she could do with something like what I had done. I was more then happy to explain the depths of her new found interest. I am excited to encourage future students, and I am also excited to see what they will end up teaching me about me and my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment