Monday, November 9, 2009

Round Two

Because I loved the Ikat project so much I want to do it again!
This time I want to fallow deconstructed buildings and mainly focus on staircases. The process that I want to use is thiox and bleach. These methods will take the color out of what is in the yarn which will fallow the deconstructing of the buildings. I will use the chunkiest yarn I can find, because thumb size yarn is way better then hair size yarn... end of story on that. No actually thicker yarn will be better because it looks more architectural. Also, I want to do an installation with it where it comes down from the ceiling, and thicker yarn will be easier to see the texture than thin yarn. 
As soon as I get things rolling I will post images. 
Also when I get the mold weaving back I will document that as well and post it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment