Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I am on paper

Yesterday I received a voice-mail from my mother saying my artwork was published in MICA's Juxtapostition. It was a great shock and a feeling of slight accomplishment. I had sent images of my work to the publisher way back in August, and my "deteriorated wine label" (the yellow weaving) got in! I am more proud of my work then of me; because I put this exact piece in a jurried show, and it did not get in. The chosen work for the show was mainly figurative. As we know my work is far from figurative forms. Subconsciously it represents the body. Therefor I am proud of my weaving, my baby, it has been published.

Here is the link to the magazine. I am on page 27, and a funny not Kevin Sherry is on page 25.
http://www.mica.edu/Documents/Juxtapositions/latest_juxta.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment