Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Stars Alining and Gods Speaking

Becoming a teacher has been a small thought brewing in my mind recently. Being a teachers assistant in the fall for a weaving class has kindled the fire. Along with reading "Thinking Through Craft" has made me think of ways that I would teach and the assignments that I would give.
While working the other day at the country club, Mariza (whom I call my second mother) asked me what I was doing with my art (she can never really understand what it is that I do, thus she asks me every year). I told her that I was thinking about becoming a teacher for college level students the craft of art. Her eyes brighten and her smile grew. She told me that she always thought of me as being a teacher. She saw the way I handled the kids and the members we serve and thought my actions were a perfect suit. I then became happy that my second mother thought that this path was good for me. My real mother also has mentioned me becoming a teacher, but she is always mentioning career paths that I should take.
All in all I am really excited for the class I am taking up in Maine, and I am ecstatic to be a T.A. within a month. Here is to an exciting future!

No comments:

Post a Comment