Wednesday, June 23, 2010

YaowZahhhhh!

Um I didn't realize the trip I am about to travel... Now that I have my license I am now driving up to Maine for my exciting summer course. What I didn't realize were the hours that I will be spending in a car... by myself...

I will give the low down.
The course ends on a Friday and MICA classes start up on the following Monday (or Tuesday... either way I have work on Monday in Baltimore, but need to be back ASAP to get my things out of storage). From Maine to Baltimore is 13 hours! I will be passing through 8 states in one day! Usually when this happens I am in the back seat sleeping. Now I know how my mother feels. OH! AND the car that I will be traveling in is a 1990 something Honda that only drives well on flat plains. So um yeah... that maybe my down fall?... knock on wood!

Now that I am thinking about the route I may just take my sweet time and stop in Boston. Seeing as I have never been. Maybe this will be more of a learning experience then what I have planed out? Who knows?

All I know for now is that I am going to start restoring my ipod for the trip with good music!... and maybe try out driving to Jersey most the way. You know test drive... it's only an 8 hour drive from North Carolina.

2 comments:

  1. Mallory- go see Mass Moca when you are passing through Boston- look this up! There is an awesome materials show up there right now... have fun!

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. GASP! Petah Coyne is there! I LOVE HER!!!!!
    and the Materiall World: Sculpture to Environment looks like a great show as well.
    Thanks Mrs. Day!

    ReplyDelete